I was going through some old pictures today, and stumbled across what has to be one of my favorite pictures of DaVinci of all time…
That was taken in 2009 (he’s almost 11 now!), and as I snapped the pic, I was wondering what went through his little brain while he was bouncing off the walls being a mental 3-year-old. Here’s what I came up with…
- Winter boots are the best shoes EVER, and are best worn with nothing else.
- If I run circles around mum singing about Popsicles enough times, maybe she’ll give in and give me one.
- Horses are really cows in disguise.
- Cats are no fun unless you’re chasing them or making them chase you (with string or something similar).
- Pillows aren’t for sleeping on – they’re for building forts.
- Any meat other than chicken or hot dogs is “stinky”, and hot dogs with condiments on them are “dirty”.
- Electric recliners are really just trampolines built specifically for little boys.
- A basket of clean laundry is a perfect landing pad for jumping off the back of the couch.
- Peanut butter makes THE BEST face cream!
Seven years later, he’s a little bit less picky about food, is nicer to cats, and doesn’t jump off the furniture anymore…but he’ll always be my crazy first-born.